Elforyn is a high-grade raw material for the manufacture of components and works of art with a character and appearance similar to ivory.
Elforyn consists of a mixture of different mineral base materials, compounded with a light resistant resin component to provide permanent colour stability, no yellowing.
The essential characteristics of elforyn are:
- excellent mechanical machinability i.e. for drilling, milling, grinding and polishing,
- minimum breakage risk due to high coefficient of elasticity and high elongation,
- high-quality surface due to high surface hardness and minimal abrasion losses,
- resistant to all conventional substances such as cleaning agents, oils, greases, weak / medium acids and bases,
- very low water absorption (hydrolysis resistant),
- possibility of thermal moulding in boiling water,
- can be polished or lacquer coated to manufacture polished or matt surfaces,
- can create light-transparent and fluorescent effects,
- pleasant to the touch due to good thermal properties.
Applications of Elforyn are:
- Knife making (here knife handles)
- Turning material e.g. as a pen blank for pen manufacture
- Jewelry manufacturing and design
- Restoration of furniture, art and cultural antiques with ivory inlay
- Billiard cue manufacturing, used as ferrule and for inlays
- Musical instrument construction as decorative rings, mouthpieces, piano keys, guitar bridges, and many more
- Ornamental rings and mouthpieces on tobacco pipes
- Eyeglasses manufacturing
- And many more...
We recommend a final finish / polish using buffing wheels and rubbing compound Mirka Polarshine 35 (MP35K) followed by rubbing compound Mirka Polarshine 10 (MPT10K). For extra shiny end finish use Mirka Polarshine Liquid nano Wax (MPWG1).
More information is also provided in the Elforyn product description.